The academy supports animal welfare, nature and species conservation projects worldwide. We are a non-profit organisation relying solely on tax deductible donations.
Our aim is to help endangered species and animals in distress which are otherwise without financial support.
- The aim of the academy is to facilitate practical and lasting help for animal welfare and species conservation projects for animals in zoos, enclosures, in the wild and for endangered domesticated animal species.
- The academy carries out species and animal conservation projects on the international level both in and ex situ.
- It supports and provides a scientific consultation service, training courses in wildlife keeping, wildlife management and zoo medicine.
- To this end, the academy supports wildlife biology and reintrodution projects in conservation areas and national parks and promotes public awareness through training and education courses.
- The academy is committed to the German Animal Welfare Act and works in line with the spirit of the international "Convention on Biological Diversity" (Rio 1992).
- To achieve its objectives, the academy works with other governmental or non-governmental organisations, particularly those from third countries.
- The academy works in close cooperation with natural science educational institutions, in particular national and international zoological gardens and wildlife parks